Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends get a chance to say their goodbyes, and at the same time, they get to share strong feelings with one another.
In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- Growth House – Discusses hospice care, dying with dignity, terminal illness, grief and bereavement.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Smith Funeral home has been in my family since Forever ,they handled my my father's burial way back in 1964 , I can go as far back as their dad ( Mr. Richard) my mother would call him to take her places,sort of like Uber / Lyft for a few dollars ,Melvin and his staff always above and beyond,,what a funeral home does,In order to make the passing of a Loved one a Blessed time, allow you to mourn and take time with planning threre services.
They did a great job on my dad. I will forever be grateful for the comfort they gave me. When he passed.
A Personal, Professional Experience Of Our Families, Other To Trust with our Love Ones. We highly recommend the pre-paid Burial Plan..,Open, Closing with Inflation Lock in@One Of The Green Wood Cemetery. Economical, Peaceful.
Absolutely hands down the best I lost my Mother two weeks ago .. The whole entire staff treated my family with care & love they took great care of my Mother she looked absolutely gorgeous they made the process smother for me & my sister the emotional support we received from them was everything any time we needed understanding or just anything Jai made sure that everything was taking care of so thanks for everything.
Smith Funeral Home did an amazing job with my mother’s homegoing. My mother looked beautiful and the flowers were beautiful. The whole team, especially Jay were kind and very detailed. Thank you for making things easier during such a difficult time.
Smith Funeral Directors was there at our time of need. They show everyone compassion, understanding and take the stress out of a really hard time. Everything ran smoothly, they were consistent with their communication which put our mind at ease. Thank you for all that you do.
Smith Funeral home has always handled all my families needs they are respectful to the families.The staff is very caring and kind. I will recommend all my family and friends to go there.
706 Monroe Street
Nashville, TN 37208